Monday, January 5, 2009

If Heaven Were a Library...

My afterlife would be set. But since there's a good chance it won't be, how does one choose what to read in one's short stay here?

I don't know, really. Some books are read because others tell us to read them, some because we've heard about them from others, and some we just pick up on a whim. 

And then there's those "series" books. You know the ones. They are three inches deep, filled with sword fights and political disputes, espionage and romance. I'm currently sucked into one. But I'm taking my time. I don't force myself to spend time reading it; there's too many other things out there not worth missing. That might mean you'll see "Stone of Tears" on this list for a very long time. I'm not worried. I've been reading it a few months already, so what are a few more?

Eternally yours,
Sita

No comments:

Post a Comment