Friday, January 9, 2009

"Friday Night Knitting Club"

Normally I wouldn't write a review until I've finished a book, but I'm going to be a little different and write one halfway through. There isn't much I don't like about this book. A few word choices here and there that irk me, a character doing a dumb thing (but I admit, it's important to her individual story), the looming fact that something "bad" and irreversible is going to happen to one of these characters that I have come to love in the past few days. I only just started this book 2 or maybe 3 days ago, and I am whipping right through it, saddened at the thought that once it's over, I'll be moving on to some other book, and tragically not the sequel, because it's in hardcover and I'm on a book ban.

I had really hoped to read this for one of my book clubs, but the book fates had other plans in mind. I'm even a bit ashamed to admit I didn't vote for this book myself, though I had suggested it to the group. Too many other books caught my eye, and besides, I owned this one already and could read it any time I wanted. I'm even a bit tempted to start it over from the beginning, just to make it last longer. I know I won't; I'm on a mission to read as many books as I can handle in this one life. I know I'll read this book again someday. I have to. 

Eternally yours,
Sita

No comments:

Post a Comment